MIRACLES EVERY DAY
by Judy James
After each of his spiritual talks on Sunday morning at the Center for Spiritual Living, Rev. Ken Wilcox always says, "A miracle is waiting for you this week. Now, go out and expect it to happen! Miracles are there for you everyday." Rev. Ken's affirmative blast after each service reminds me that miracles are awaiting me. Since he has already inspired me with a rousing, conscious-raising, inspirational talk, I get excited because I have no doubt that I will see miracles that week.
Someone has said, "There are no miracles, unless just waking up in the morning is a miracle." Each week I am expecting the miracles and take my word, they do come. I have started recognizing each, naming them and loving them. There are little ones like my printer would not work no matter what I tried, but then strangely starts working when I stopped calling it names. Another great one: when I was driving home and the rain was coming down in sheets, I surprised myself by saying, "It will not be raining when I have to drag my groceries what seems like 100 steps straight up to get to the apartment." The rain stopped, I got inside with my bags of groceries and then I let the rain continue without interfering again. Now some people won't call those miracles, but I do. So, I always try to remember to say in real appreciation, "I'm grateful for these amazing wonders in my life."
One of the best miracles in my life is when my youngest son called me after I had done affirmative prayer for him. I was concerned that he might not be safe and was really endangering himself because of news I had received. His call and his being safe was an absolutely wonderful miracle. If I start to doubt, I remind myself of these miracles that make me see the Divine in my life.
Now, I expect miracles every time when Rev. Ken exclaims loudly, "Go out and claim your miracles this week!" By then I'm ready and waiting to acknowledge them when they miraculously show up. I thank the Universe for each one and never doubt that they await each of us. I say with Rev. Ken,
EXPECT MIRACLES IN YOUR LIFE EVERY DAY!
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma- which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. Steve Jobs, Commencement address at Stanford University.
- Kathryn Weed, our awesome presider on one fine Sunday morning, has this to share with each and everyone of you. Click on this link Waking Up Full of Awesome
- Click here for the Inspiring Letter from Japan 3/16/11 as read by Rev. Elizabeth in Sunday service March 20.
- Here's a prayer I wrote that I would like to share. Terry
- I just wanted to share the latest evolution of my spiritual mind treatment. My words have formed from a variety of inspirational sources: Rev. Liz, CSL classes, other members & friends, The Secret (movie), The Richest Man in Bablyon (audio book) & myself.
Love always, Jill